Menu
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty V6 box coax cable

I think I would have called it in as a faulty connection on the V6 and let the VM tech refit/test all the cables/connections and then check/balance the signal levels. It would be a free fix.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
tekkydave
Joining in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

An engineer visit has now been arranged. I wish I could do it online for my mum without having to beg via the forum. Do virgin have any procedures for elderly or vulnerable customers. The 150 menus are too confusing and long-winded.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @tekkydave

Welcome to our Community and thank you so much for your first post to our forums; I was very sorry that your Mum and you has some issues getting in touch with us in regards to a TV fault that she was experiencing. 

I am please to hear that you now have a technician booked for the issue; please do let us know how things go with the visit. We do advise against using your own cabling that you have purchased yourself - this can cause issues with yours and others services. Whilst @jbrennand was lucky and did not get charged, by using your own cabling, you can revoke the free call outs we offer. 

You can check and report any issues via the customers online account if you have access and permission from your Mum. After going through the self checks via the online account, depending on the issue, you can arrange a technician visit via the account. Sometimes it will ask you to call us though so our faults team can run through additional checks. 

Whilst our physical call centres are closed, all our departments are open with agents taking calls between 8am - 9pm on weekdays and 8am - 6pm on weekends. For faults, you can call 150/03454541111 and select option 2 from the main cable menu. The options are there to ensure you get to the correct department first time and are designed to be as simple as possible for all our customers. We understand that the wait time is longer that usual but we're doing all we can to answer all calls as quickly as we can. 

We are of course able to assist you here which is what my colleague @Steven_L has done by contacting you via Private Message. 

We have many procedures in place for our more vulnerable customers and you can read more about what is available for any of our products or services on our dedicated Accessibility page.  We also offer a service that if your Mum has an issue with her broadband or landline, we will aim to get a priority customer out within 4 working hours. 

Hope the visit goes well - keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tekkydave
Joining in
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie.

Also big thanks to @Steven_L for sorting out the engineer visit.

I tried via the 0345 number yesterday and was in a queue. Unfortunately it cut me off after 20mins so I was loathe to start again from the beginning. I find the online site very unhelpful with all options sending me back to 150. I have the patience to sit and wait but people in their eighties like my mum are very frustrated by these help lines and tend to give up after a few minutes. Next time she has a problem I will try via this forum again as it seems to provide better results.

I'll look into the accessibility option but I don't think just being an older person will qualify for any special treatment.

Thanks again for the advice.

Dave

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

We do not ask for any specific requirements to update the account @tekkydave - if you feel that your Mum is vulnerable and needs the phone and broadband for her lifeline and health then that's all we need. We don't require any forms or doctors notes to be filled out at all 🙂 

If you'd like us to do that then we can - I can see that @Steven_L has already gone through security so I can update the account if needed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

tekkydave
Joining in
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Will it allow her to talk to a real person without having to navigate the phone menus. She doesn't have a computer so 150 is her only resource really.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No @tekkydave - it will just allow us to book a priority technicain if she has any issues with her broadband or telephone. She will still need to contact us on the 150/03454541111 as normal. 

We also have a text service available but that is not to be used for an emergency as replies are not instant. 07533051809

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
tekkydave
Joining in
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ok. I would like you to mark her as vulnerable please. I'll try to persuade her to persist with the 150 line if she needs to contact you in future.

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave (@tekkydave)

I can confirm that the account has now been updated for you. Hope the visit goes well - please do keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos