Menu
IanD4
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Faulty V6 Box

My V6 box has begun to play up, stopping during the playing of recordings and jumping forward when on live TV pause. I have rebooted the box and reconnected the cables but no joy.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty V6 Box

If live TV & OnDemand are unaffected, but recorded & paused/delayed-TV is problematic, it would tend to suggest problems with your hard drive. This will often mean the box needs replacing, which can be arranged by calling VM faults on the usual number and reporting your fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

If live TV & OnDemand are unaffected, but recorded & paused/delayed-TV is problematic, it would tend to suggest problems with your hard drive. This will often mean the box needs replacing, which can be arranged by calling VM faults on the usual number and reporting your fault.

This is exactly what happened to me, but they talked me into an upgrade at the same time... they're good like that 🤣

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon @IanD4

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post; I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with one of your V6 boxes recently. 

I have located your account from your forum information and it is advising it has been around 20 days since either of your boxes have been rebooted. At first glance I can't see any issues with either of them this end but if you could reboot for me when you have a chance, that would be great. 

Pop back once you have rebooted and we can take another look for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos