Menu
gazsmith123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Faulty TiVo box

Today (Saturday 16th January) and TiVo box is not working. On my tv I get to the ‘starting up....’ screen and then that’s it.

My TiVo box is ‘flashing’ the power light is flashing white, red off. The wifi picture and the 2 arrows are flashing together on and off. 

I have rebooted the box numerous times. I have taken out the leads and put them all back in. Nothing....doesn’t change things.

Have been on the phone to VM and got cut off after 1 hr. Back on the phone now....on hold!

Anyone know what the issue could be or something I can try?

For info broadband is working fine. Neighbours don’t seem to have any issues. We don’t have a landline connected so no idea if that works - don’t have a phone to try either. 

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty TiVo box

@gazsmith123 wrote:

Have been on the phone to VM and got cut off after 1 hr. Back on the phone now....on hold!

Sounds like your box is stuck in the boot loop, or potentially failed outright.

You're not going to like this (and I don't blame you!!) but calling through to faults is the way to go.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gazsmith123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. You’re right I don’t like the way you say to resolve my issue 🙈🤦🏻‍♂️😂 I’m on hold to them now - not holding my breath I speak to them this evening mind!

0 Kudos
gazsmith123
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To give an update, finally got hold of customer service, I now have to wait till Wednesday afternoon for an engineer visit! No-one can authorise a new TiVo box to be sent until an engineer has been! 
5 days in total - faulted started Saturday - of no TV - kids are going to love this!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You could try the TV Go app in the meantime, if you have a compatible iOS or Android device...

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos