Menu
vzockun
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Faulty TV remote control

Hello,

my TV remote control stopped working. I changed the batteries, did the step by step to reconnect to the V6 box, but it did not work.

A green light shows up and never turns off.

I downloaded the Virgin TV control App but it doesn’t work since my internet is not directly connected to Virgin Media router (it goes via patch panel, netgear splitter and router, ...)

So could you please send me a new one?

cheers,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty TV remote control

Hi,

The Virgin TV Control app means you can control your TiVo or Virgin TV V6 box from anywhere in the world, wherever you have an internet connection with WiFi, 3G or 4G.

To request a replacement remote you could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
vzockun
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

i tried to set up the Virgin TV app but it seems I need to be in the same network, and that is not possible since the Virgin Box is in the basement and I have a cabe from there straight to my Wi-Fi router, which has a different network. So the app seems no use to mE.

But thanks for your help

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again vzockun,

I have VM broadband, a VM sim and a V6 box. I also have an O2 sim.

O2 is a different network, yet I can still control the V6 using my O2 sim, so you don't need to be on the same network to use the TV Control app

EDIT - apologies, my sister swapped the O2 sim for another Virgin sim, I wasn't aware of that. 😳

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos