Menu
daveheaton
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Failing to get complete All4 series on catchup.

My Tivo box tells me that a Walter Presents series called 'The Other Mother' is included in my package.However I can only access the first episode.Am I doing something wrong?It's only available until the 3rd June and so I need to access it fairly soon.Can anyone advise please?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failing to get complete All4 series on catchup.

This is an example of a Walter Presents series where only the first episode is broadcast and other episodes are available, with adverts you must watch, through the All4 app.

The All4 app is not available on Virgin Media boxes.

If you want to watch the rest of the series, you will need to endure the adverts and watch via the All4 app on another device, say a smart TV which does have the app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
daveheaton
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you VIP,

Disappointed with Virgin.It's stated as part of my package.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Where is it stated it’s part of your package?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
daveheaton
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

When I go onto Catchup-then 4-then Drama&Soaps-then select 'The Other Mother' it says Included in your package.

I realise now,thanks to your help,that relates to episode 1 only.I misunderstood.

I don't have a computer and so I'm unable to watch rest of series which is disappointing as the Walter stuff is very good.

I now understand that I can only watch them when all the episodes are shown and recordable.

Maybe I can find another company on which I will be able to do just that and get better value for money regarding my preferences.

I thank you again for being so informative as I've spent the last few days trying to find out and you've saved me from having to ring Virgin which meant spending an hour waiting the last time that I tried.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry that we haven't been able to provide the catch up services that you want from us daveheaton.

The all4 app isn't provided to us by Channel 4, we have some episodes from programmes on our catch up service but as Channel 4 don't provide us with the app, we cannot have all of their programmes on our TV service.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
daveheaton
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for confirming that.

It's much appreciated because I now know not to get gripped by a series that I'm not going to be able to watch to it's conclusion.

0 Kudos
trothw
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My LG smart TV shows the All4 App but this does not have the Walter Presents dramas - I do not understand why. Can someone at Virgin tell me?

They are excellent. I have to watch on my tablet or laptop, which is a pity as I'd prefer to see them on bigger screen.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi trothw,

I found 20 different series titles of  Walter Presents dramas in the Walter Collection on the app on the V6 when I clicked on the search button within the app

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
trothw
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, will try that.

0 Kudos