Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Failing ethernet connection

Fails to connect via ethernet - wifi connection is OK.

It looks like the network config has gone awry and I need to correct the gateway address and dns server addresses.  How do I do this?  There seems to be no menu item for these settings.  I have in the past set a static ip address which is still set correctly but its the other parameters that are wrong and the connection fails.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failing ethernet connection

Obvious I know, but... have you tried a new ethernet cable?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also are you connecting directly to your Superhub, or is the SH in modem mode and you're using your own router?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Ethernet pathway is good. Having messed about resetting stuff etc the Ethernet connection has sorted itself out but not on the fixed ip that I had originally set.  However, my original question still stands - how are Ethernet network parameters accessed.  The network settings menu referred to in the help, don’t exist. ie set up.  Have these  settings been removed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The only setting that should be required to allow a V6 to work over your router is that VM's DNS are a must - assuming you're not auto-assigned in which case they should be there anyway.

Primary is 194.168.4.100

Secondary 194.168.8.100

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos