Menu
Stackie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Extra box installation

Hi 

I am trying to get an extra box into my garden shed and am willing to pay installation etc but when trying to call to get an extra box being told they can only send one for me to install myself this would then not obviously not have the right connection cable.

They installed to my new address in November but stated they are only doing engineer service for new boxes and not additional boxes.

They have stated they can’t help any further any help on this frustrating issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extra box installation

Currently, internal works within customer homes are limited to brand-new installs (even then, single rooms only), and fault-fix scenarios - to minimise the time that VM staff spend in customer homes.

From what you've explained, your situation fits neither of these criteria and I'm afraid, you will have to wait until VM's policy changes.

The current policy is explained at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Stackie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Understood doesn’t make much sense to me though as my installation in November was during a National lockdown and was installing in two rooms this time it is in an outbuilding with restrictions being eased..

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you wait a couple of days, VM staff should respond on here and may advise that outbuildings can be an exception to the rule. I have grave doubts, but you never know.

The general rule at the moment is "single box installs" and "fault fixes" only. Unfortunately sometimes, having blanket rules is just easier to work with than exceptions for this, and exceptions for that....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Stackie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank-you for your responses  - it is a single box install but well aware when there is a blanket rule it is difficult to get an exception even if it is a very safe one.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Stackie wrote:

Thank-you for your responses  - it is a single box install but well aware when there is a blanket rule it is difficult to get an exception even if it is a very safe one.

Its an additional box on an existing working installation, which is different to a single box initial install.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos