Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Existing customer upgrading to V6 box

My neighbour is trying to upgrade from her TiVo box to the V6 box, she has been told that it will cost her £99 activation fee, how can this be? Like myself she is a loyal VM customer and She  is not happy 

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customer upgrading to V6 box

Does she currently have a VM BB connection ? If not - a V6 requires that to work - and it will be more expensive to install and also per month.
Best bet is to try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm [calling early is usually best 8-10am) you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful. Just say she is thinking of leaving for sky as there are good offers on their TV packages and they will offer her a new package deal in lieu of signing a new 1 year contract.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
Does she currently have a VM BB connection ? If not - a V6 requires that to work - and it will be more expensive to install and also per month.
Best bet is to try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm [calling early is usually best 8-10am) you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful. Just say she is thinking of leaving for sky as there are good offers on their TV packages and they will offer her a new package deal in lieu of signing a new 1 year contract.

Yes they have BB phone the lot thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Claire,

If this is a request to simply have a new V6 box the cost of this would be £99.95 plus the £25.00 activation fee on top of this.

If the box is faulty and your neighbour is entitled to a V6 box as a replacement then this would be free of charge

Have you since called our team to discuss if this is possible?

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

My neighbour wishes to upgrade from her existing TiVo to V6, she has received conflicting advice every time she rings, my V6 upgrade was free and I didn’t pay an activation charge, so why my neighbour has to, is a mystery to me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response ClaireEll

We have given out free V6 boxes to customers than have had obsolete equipment - such as V+ boxes and VHD boxes

Did you have one of these boxes?

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I had a v+ box upstairs and TiVo downstairs, now the TiVo is upstairs and the v6 downstairs 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you ClaireEll,

As your V+ box was a legacy model your upgrade was indeed free as we're wishing to take these boxes off our network as soon as we can.

For your neighbour as they are wanting to upgrade from the TiVo to a V6 they need to speak to customer services or customer relations to see what they can do for them in terms of this upgrade, we'd be unable to guarantee that this would be free for them.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

she tried but couldn’t understand the customer service operative and the information conflicted to what she had been advised previously, at the end of the day, if VM don’t give a stuff about their existing customers then they will loose them, all she wants is an uograde, loyal customer for 10 years, not too much to ask 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi ClaireEll,

I can certainly appreciate your point of view. As previously advised, legacy equipment has recently been phased out and would stop working - hence your free upgrade.

For any customers using currently supported TV equipment (both TiVo and V6), any requested upgrades would be chargeable. There may be certain teams who are able to offer this free of charge, but it would depend on what is available at the time.

If a fault is found with the existing equipment and a replacement is recommended, this would incur no cost.

If your neighbour is unhappy with anything she's advised during a call, she can refer to our code of practice.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos