Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Error s102

I have been trying to set up a replacement box for several hours. It is now stuck on error s102. I have been waiting to speak to someone for an hour and now been cut off. Please can someone get back to me with the help I need

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error s102

Hi carolineridley,

I'm sorry you are having issues. It's doing that because the box hasn't been activated yet. The phone lines open at 8am and close at 9pm.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

** You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error s102

Thank you for this info. Annoying I wasnt told it would need activating when I spoke to someone earlier about getting the remote to work with the new box.

I will call in the morning 

0 Kudos