cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error playing a recording

Deano04
Tuning in

Error playing a recording

The Tivo box was not able to record this program because there was no video signal on the channel. You may have been trying to record on a channel you no longer receive.

Happening on various channels at least once a week now, really annoying as the error message is complete rubbish, the channels were and still are available, I was even watching some of the programmes when I pressed record.

The only "answer" I can find on here is the recordings could possibly be viewed after deleting and  then restoring and then rebooting the box, which we know takes forever.

Is this really the best and only solution?

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is possible your box has a faulty tuner or even more than one has failed. I would ring faults as they can test the box remotely & turn up any issue like this while you are on the phone.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Deano04
Tuning in
Just tried the supposed solution, didn't work, still get the same message.
I guess I'll just add it to the list of things you have to accept whilst paying more and more every month, like not being able to watch Youtube vids above 720p without pixelating and buffering.

Was typing the above message before you reply, this referred to the "fix" of rebooting the box.

I'll try checking for faults but it happens on different random channels which are working (or displaying a picture) at the time.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you set either 3 (for a TiVo) or 6 (for a V6) different programmes to record at the same time, do you have any problems doing so?

Has this error only happened with one recording, or more often?

You've mentioned problems with YouTube, that'll be a different issue completely - if you explain what's happening, others may well be able to help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Deano04,

I can take a look at this for you, 

As advised already it may be that we need to swap the box over for you 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security and check the account 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L