Menu
Shari
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Error codes

This is my third day of waiting for someone to reply to me on text service and twitter  VM has told me to try this now.

I have done all the suggested stuff on online help error code C133 then N17 and next step is to talk to someone. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error codes

Hi Shari,

The text messenger service isn't instant and can take a few days, and isn't really very suitable for connection issues.

The quickest and best option is to call the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time. 

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, run tests etc, ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It may end up duplicating, but you've not said what "all the suggested stuff" actually includes.

newapollo has already advised on the methods to call VM C/S if you need to, but this is primarily a community/user-forum - if you explain what your issues are, perhaps someone on here may just be able to help. No promises, but you never know...

It also helps to know which box you have, the errors you've quoted are connectivity related and the 2 main VM boxes connect to the internet differently. They're shown here if you want to double check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Shari
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was told by VM on twitter to post on here. Tell them my username and they would get someone from VM to contact me. Customer service day on hold. 3rd day waiting on text service (also advised by VM twitter).

Appreciate your replies but honestly it shouldn't take all this to actually be able to communicate with someone who works for VM.

I looked up the error codes I went through everything it then suggested (I can't remember specifics but I did it all several times) and the result was contact us. If only I could! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Shari wrote:

I was told by VM on twitter to post on here. Tell them my username and they would get someone from VM to contact me. Customer service day on hold. 3rd day waiting on text service (also advised by VM twitter).

I sympathise with your frustration, but it's fair to point out this is primarily a user-community forum. VM staff do lurk around the forum, but it's not intended as a replacement for first-line C/S. Even more so in the current situation, sadly.

If you want to explain your predicament, like I mentioned there's a wealth of knowledge on here that might just save you that support call. Can't promise, but you never know.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Shari,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your TV service.

I have been looking into your account and cannot connect to your box, please could you confirm that the box is powered up and connected?

Also, how do you connect your box to the network, is this via WiFi or ethernet connection? 

If you're using an ethernet cable, please could you try to connect using a new cable.

Would you also be able to perform a quick reboot of your hub and TV box to see if this clears the issues that you're having?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Shari
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yeah that's the prob it keeps telling me can't connect to the service. 

I've done all the rebooting stuff several times. 

I'll need to order a new ethernet cable. 

0 Kudos
Shari
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK borrowed cable from elsewhere, rebooted tried to connection same N17 code. 

Sharon 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know. 

I've now booked an engineer for you, the details of this can be found via your online account. 

Please ensure somebody over the age of 18 is at the property at the time. If the time does not suit then please re arrange via your online account. 

Any issues let us know 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Shari
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks 👍

0 Kudos