Menu
Si_blade
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error code v273

Hi all,

I have just had my broadband and TV installed today. I haven't been able to access my on demand or catch up tv and only get the following.

Catch up and On Demand is temporarily unavailable (V273) Please try again later.

Done all the usual, reset updated etc and nothing.

Getting a bit fed up now. New to VM and disappointed already!

Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code v273

Firstly, to avoid assumptions causing mis-advice, I'm assuming you have a V6 and not a TiVo? Check here if you're not sure.

On the basis you have a V6... the box doesn't have an inbuilt internet connection but relies on an (ideally) Ethernet or WiFi connection to your VM homehub to then go online. So.. how is your V6 connected to your homehub?

If you follow (on your V6) Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, this screen gives you a status of the box's connection. What's shown in the top-right?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Si_blade
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Checked and its definitely a V6 box.

Its connected via the ethernet yellow cable.

When clicked through to network the screen says.

Etherley connection details gives the ip address, mac id, then under 3 options connection to the virgin media service, view network status, view network diagnostic 

Checked today still now catch up or demand. 

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok, so the internet connection is present. Sometimes the various online add-ons can take a day or so to properly land, so if your box has only installed today then....

Have you tried restarting it? Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my TiVo box, and follow the onscreen prompts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Si_blade
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the advice and info. I will give it a day or so to see if they start to appear and then try the restart.

Thanks

0 Kudos