Menu
elliebee88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Error code v273 no catchup or on demand

I had a new service installed two weeks ago now and yet neither the catch-up or on-demand services have ever worked across either of my two V6 boxes. I received a text message this morning asking me to reboot the boxes as "the network fault had been fixed" or words to that effect, however, I still dont have access to these services?! I must admit, as a new customer, I'm really disappointed - can anyone shed any light on this issue?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code v273 no catchup or on demand

This error code tends to relate to connectivity issues, so the obvious thing is to check the basics. You've not mentioned live TV being a problem, so I assume it's not.

Your V6 relies on a connection to your homehub for the internet & VOD, so are you using Ethernet or WiFi? I'd assume WiFi, but can you confirm?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, you're looking for 2 things.

1: In the top-right, does the box report connected/online? And if you're using WiFi, what's the signal strength?

2: In the top-left, the box timestamps the 6hourly connection cycles with either "success" or the reason for failiure. What are you seeing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
elliebee88
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, live TV is fine and I'm connecting via wi-fi. I currently see "Succeeded" for Last Status and a signal of 100%...

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In which case, I can only suggest going back to VM Faults and getting them to check your box again.

Can you load other apps ok, perhaps even play programmes through iPlayer or the ITV/C4/C5 apps, say? That would further prove your internet ok, beyond what you've already done (but perhaps reinforce it to faults agents if necessary)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
elliebee88
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So a quick update here...

I spent several hours on the phone (mostly on hold but also getting cut-off twice!) to VM, they booked an engineer for the next available slot which was 5 days later on a Saturday afternoon. He turned up, played with the main V6 box for a bit and then informed me that it was an issue in the cabinet on the road (outside my house) and that a network engineer would be fixing it today and that by 6 pm everything should be working - and he'd give me a call at 6 pm to check, and off he scarpered....

6pm comes and goes, no sign of a network engineer, no phone call and, of course, nothing has been fixed.

*Insert more hours on hold to VM here*

Another engineer appointment, scheduled for some time 12-4pm the following Saturday, so another week of waiting with no On Demand or catch-up services, not to mention another Saturday afternoon given over to waiting around for VM to turn up. Or not turn up. At 4.30 I rang to discover that the engineer was "running late" (duh!) but would be there by 5-5.30pm latest. I think they turned up closer to 6.30pm (as they largely sat and watched the Man City v Arsenal match that I had on at the time). They identified that the VM engineer who installed the services had used a 4-way splitter with only 3 cables coming out of it, so swapped it for a 3-way splitter. They then installed new V6 boxes, but couldn't even wait around for their installations to complete as they apparently had to rush back to an earlier job where they had also failed to successfully rectify the problem. I was told how to complete the installation process and to call them when it finished. As it was gone 8pm by this time I didn't ring, however, I sent a message on Monday morning. I received no response whatsoever.

So here we are, over a month of no On Demand or catch-up services!

It's quite clear that the VM engineers just want to tick off a visit and pass the buck to the next incompetent engineer as quickly as possible, with no-one taking any responsibility for getting this fixed. One engineer mentioned that the cabinet is extremely crowded (its VM internet or terribly slow speeds where I live so it is not surprising everyone has VM) and therefore I'm wondering if the real reason VM don't want to fix this is that it requires some costly infrastructure work on the cabinet and they don't want to incur that cost if they don't have to. I'm just the unlucky sucker who turned up last and there isn't enough frequency/bandwidth left for them to provide the service they've advertised and sold to me.

Back to the hold music for me.....

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi is it possible to connect your hub to the V6 with an ethernet cable. Regards Micky
0 Kudos