Menu
lxlramlxl
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Error code PR5 when trying to program remote

I recently got a Z906 surround sound so tried to program it using the search function after going through the "not correct code" process but as soon as I type the name in (Logitech) and chose the option to say that the brand isn't found I get the error code and it closes down.

0 Kudos
AliRiv
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code PR5 when trying to program remote

I have the same problem when trying to program our new V6 Tivo Box to control a Yamaha Sound Bar

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys,

Please make sure that your remote is disconnected from any other devices prior to setting up with AV Receiver. 

This link will explain how to set up the AV -   Control your AV devices using your Virgin TV Remote  just scroll to that section.

Here's a list of AV codes Virgin AV Codes 

Hope that helps

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
AliRiv
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks NewApollo - but how do I make sure that my remote is disconnected from any other devices?  I didn't deliberately try to connect it to the TV or anything else, but it might have done so accidentally I suppose...

Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Ali,

leave your V6 box on, but turn off your TV and any other equipment that uses the AV until you pair it with the V6

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ali,

I've just found an old thread that may work AV code - different method 

Dave

0 Kudos
AliRiv
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ever so much Dave, but neither of those methods worked 😞 

Nor does teaching the soundbar to recognise the remote control (which worked with our old virgin box's remote), so I'm guessing they are not compatible for some strange and annoying reason... modern technology eh *sigh* 

0 Kudos