Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Error code ES004

Films from my virgin media library will not load on the tv and I keep getting error code ES004. They load on my phone and iPad 

thanks for any help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code ES004

Have the same issue. Called virginmedia they ran tests, all fine, rang back was given a number to call virginmedia store. Called that number to be told it was virgin equipment and they had been looking into it for 24 hours following reports from customers.  Was advised to call back virgin and tell them it is their issue.  Did this and was told they had escalated to second team who will call me in 24 hours. Don't think anyone knows. All I know is I paid 13.99 for a movie I can't watch and virgin not been very helpful.  Let me know if anyone gets anywhere with this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

we’ve just had a virgin guy come out change our whole box. Still experiencing this problem. I’ve put it down to the wind 🤷🏼‍♀️ Still very frustrating when you’ve paid for films you can’t watch! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update HT2007 and sorry to hear the issue still persists after the engineer visit.

Can you tell us what the engineer advised during the visit? Was he able to shed any light on this other than replacing the equipment?

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone had any luck in finding out what this ES004 code issue is. My box has been coming up with this error for the last 48hours now. Like all of you got films I paid for and can't watch them. Very frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi there my name is Chris Bithell I am a virgin media technician

Sorry to see this has been an issue that we've struggled with resolving for you. As this is the Virgin Media store this is something you would need to contact them on as this is actually a third party provider.

They can be contacted on 0800 027 0801 and will be able to advise you on the meaning behind the error code in question.

The team have currently worked out that its virgin customers, using virgin tv box that are getting messages but if watched on another isp or alternative device like a tablet or phone its fine.Were working to resolve this as we speak. 

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi there my name is Chris Bithell I am a virgin media technician

Sorry to see this has been an issue that we've struggled with resolving for you. As this is the Virgin Media store this is something you would need to contact them on as this is actually a third party provider.

They can be contacted on 0800 027 0801 and will be able to advise you on the meaning behind the error code in question.

The team have currently worked out that its virgin customers, using virgin tv box that are getting messages but if watched on another isp or alternative device like a tablet or phone its fine.Were working to resolve this as we speak. If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

To yourself and anyone else having this issue, the ES004 error on the Virgin Media Store is only affecting VM broadband users with Tivo boxes. The VM BB is actively blocking the VMS App on Tivo boxes stopping any playback from the library. Mobile devices, computers and other broadband suppliers using Tivo boxes aren't affected.

I've been told that it's down to the VM BB engineers now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

This is now showing as a known issue on the service status page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Just checked the status page for the "known issue" and its states its a logon/cant purchase issue, nothing about the ES004

REALLY  bl00dy anoying as Ive just spent £130 on the GoT boxed set  - and for some guy from Virgin to say "its not our problem, its a third party supplier you need to call another number"  not exactly great customer service........................  Id sack you

bertie_B_0-1590256294867.png