Menu
ClareA
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Error code C310 on TiVo

Hi, my TiVo box won't connect. I receive error code C310. I have restarted my box, checked and changed all cables and performed a factory reset of the TiVo box. But it still will not connect. 

Virgin service status check says that my equipment is all fine, yet I still cannot connect. I fear it may be a hardware issue with the TiVo box. Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code C310 on TiVo

Definitely a TiVo? If you're not sure, please check here 

When you say it won't connect?... to what? What are you trying to do, that provokes this error message?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ClareA
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
Hi, sorry I'll be clearer. It's a  virgin TV 6 box powered by TiVo. I can't get past the set up stage. I turn the box on, and after trying to startup, I see an error message saying "there is a problem with the connection. There was a network error (S310).  I never get past the initial connection stage. It is not a new box; I've had it around 6 months and first had a problem around a week ago, when I tried to view the TV guide. The TV guide was blank and no on demand services were available. So I went through trouble shooting guides and restarted the box. This is where I see the connection error message. I have double checked the cables and even tried different ethernet etc but no joy.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure the error code is C310? And not C130?

The V6 gets its internet connection via either an Ethernet or WiFi link to your homehub - this 'net connection provides the link to OnDemand & TV guide updates. How is yours connected?

On your V6, if you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what is reported in the top-right?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
ClareA
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes. It's definitely S310 (not C310 as previously thought). The V6 is connected via ethernet to my home hub. This is the problem; it won't connect. I have swapped out the Ethernet (in case it's a problem with the cable) but still no joy. My IT engineer friend thinks it's a problem with the box itself ie hardware problem,  but I can't get through to virgin to actually speak to someone. I just keep going round the automated troubleshooting loop.   Argh!

I have been through all the trouble shooting guides for this error code and nothing works 😞

PXL_20210210_083942553.jpg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code C310 on V6

Ok fair enough, C130 is quite a common connection error but the picture also helps to see what you're looking at 🙂

Two things I'd try next..

1: You say you've tested another cable, how about the same for the SH Ethernet port - can you use another device connected via the same cable to the same port on your hub?

2: An Ethernet connection on the V6 will override a WiFi one. Unplug the Ethernet cable, and try connecting via WiFi. For elimination, if nothing else. Regardless of whether that works or not (but does it?) plug the Ethernet back in.

Hopefully with these tests, all the other variables can be eliminated.

0 Kudos
ClareA
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code S310 on V6

Hi, I've done all the tests you suggest and still get the same error code.   It would not connect via WiFi.

I really think I need to get a replacement box but can't get through to virgin to discuss. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@ClareA wrote:

I really think I need to get a replacement box but can't get through to virgin to discuss. Any ideas?

150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

Queues can be shorter earlier in the day.

0 Kudos
ClareA
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yeah I've been on the phone for 2 hours to virgin finally. They've troubleshooted and escalated and I do indeed need a new box. But apparently there are none in stock and I have to wait a month and ring back to request a new box. Not a satisfactory outcome, but at least I know what the problem is (ethernet port on box). I can connect via WiFi now in the meantime. 

Thank you for your time and help. I really appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying your V6 will now connect via WiFi? I thought that was the problem before?

0 Kudos