Menu
BexAllam
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Error code 7400

Hi, having spent over an hour on hold to Virgin our error code can’t be fixed apparently despite it suggesting it just needs activating. I now have to wait in for 5 hours Thursday for an engineer. Anyone on here had a stubborn error 7400 and found a fix?? 
Also been told they can’t give you a message when on way to you - anyone know if you can track the engineer on the day? 
Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 7400

If VM Faults haven't been able to resolve this remotely, and have booked an engineer, I would stick to that appointment. It's possible the incorrect box serial number is being activated, but you checked that when you called, didn't you? 😉

You can monitor your appointment by logging into you "My Virgin Media", and following "My engineer appointments" - you should also get text message updates if you nominated a mobile number as your contact. Technicians will often call you before arriving, but this can be at their discretion.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks