0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 7400

Hi Rballa3008,

Error code 7400 usually means the box hasn't been activated yet. Online Help virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Rballa3008
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Error code 7400 rose_b

@rose_b you inboxes me but I don’t understand why when I am unable to reply. You don’t accept inbox messages 

0 Kudos
Rballa3008
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have had the box for a long time now???

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Rballa3008,

You say you've had the box a long time.

When was the last time you used the box?

If it's over 30 days it will have been de-activated and will need re-activating.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Rballa3008
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It was last night. It’s used a hell of a lot. I have 4 kids

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's odd for this to happen then, but the advice in newapollo's post 2 is the correct advice to follow.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 - advises to call Virgin TV Faults if the online steps don't resolve this.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos