Menu
Ckhamar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error code 7400

Hey I've recently got virgin BroadBand and it came with a virgin media box too. I struggle to get terrestrial TV with my smart TV so I plugged this box in to see what it can do. I noticed it can pick up BBC 1 and itv, but BBC 2 HD is greyed out and says I require a subscription? Also I have a constant error message 7400 on the screen. Are these related? Does anyone know how to fix the 7400 error? I've set this up 3-4 hrs ago.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 7400

Virgin TV boxes need an active subscription to work, from the sounds of your post I'm not entirely clear whether you have one.

If you do - then as per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 the box needs to be activated.

If you call 0800 9539500, the automated service should be able to do this for you, or pass you to an agent to complete instead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi what TV box & hub do you have and is it connected to the virgin network, which has to be subscribed to, as that code means that it needs activating. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
Ckhamar
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys I just called the helpline and it seems to work now

0 Kudos