Menu
Beefmarauder
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Error code 273 No catch up tv or on demand

Good morning all,

For 2 weeks now I haven't been able to access my on demand or catch up tv and only get the following.

Catch up and On Demand is temporarily unavailable (V273) Please try again later.

Done all the usual, reset updated etc and nothing.

Getting a bit fed up now. New to VM and disappointed already!

Any help would be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 273 No catch up tv or on demand

First thing's first - do you have a TiVo box or a V6? If you're not sure, please check here - you've posted in the TiVo section, but the 2 boxes connect to the internet differently, so we need to be sure before advising. The TiVo has an inbuilt connection, the V6 uses your homehub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beefmarauder
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts,

thanks for getting back to me. That was my mistake it is actually a V6 box and not a TiVo.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No problem, it just helps to be sure! The error code isn't one of the usuals, but the basics are always worth checking.

The V6 relies on a connection to your VM HomeHub for the internet, Ethernet is by far the most recommended. So how is yours connected - is it Ethernet or WiFi?

Assuming it's WiFi, if you can follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, does the box show as "connected" in the top-right and what's the signal strength? In the top-left, is the box failing to connect, or does it have a completed connection in the past 6-ish hours?

If you're using Ethernet, has the cable come loose and are other devices on your same broadband connection working ok?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beefmarauder
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s connected via Ethernet cable and the plug seems to be in fine. It’s the only device connected to the router via Ethernet. All other devices connected by wifi works fine.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @Beefmarauder

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your CatchUp and OnDemand at the moment. It's not an error code that appears on our list but the message you are getting advises an issue with the connection to the Virgin Media network.

After managing to locate your account from your forum information, I can see that you are currently being impacted by a planned area issue in your region. This is impacting broadband services and is showing that this will also impact any interactive TV, OnDemand and CatchUp services. 

This has been raised under reference number C01144874 and this is also already logged on your account. The estimated fix time for this is later this afternoon - hopefully all will be back up and running for you soon. Please feel free to pop back if you require any updates. 

Once the area issue has been resolved, if you're still having the problem, we'll take a closer look for you.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Beefmarauder
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie! Seems like it’s all up and running now, if I have any further troubles I’ll let you know!

Many thanks

0 Kudos