Menu
WoahWoahUser
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Error V273

Just set up my new V6 replacement box since my catchup wasn’t working on my old tivo box. Now I try to open the catch up menu and it says Catch Up unavailable error V273. The box downstairs doesn’t have this error, I’ve rebooted and reconnected to the Virgin media service to no avail. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error V273

This error code tends to relate to connectivity issues, so the obvious thing is to check the basics. You've not mentioned live TV being a problem, so I assume it's not.

Your V6 relies on a connection to your homehub for the internet & VOD, so is this box using Ethernet or WiFi? I'd assume WiFi, but can you confirm?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, you're looking for 2 things.

1: In the top-right, does the box report connected/online? And if you're using WiFi, what's the signal strength?

2: In the top-left, the box timestamps the 6hourly connection cycles with either "success" or the reason for failiure. What are you seeing?

There's also the "simple" thing of swapping the boxes around, to make sure the problem follows the box - rather than staying with the location.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
WoahWoahUser
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error V273

Just had a good 20 min phone call with CS. Problem sorted after two reboots and a few virgin media service reconnects. 

Thanks for replying. 

0 Kudos