Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Error S313

I have tried numerous times to get the newly delivered Virgin V6 box workingafter activating it, checking all cable connections and going through off/on procedures, but repeatedly get the S313 message.

There seems to be no way of contacting Virgin.

I need an engineer's help.

If anyone knows how to get through to a human please advise.

Alternatively, does anyone know how I can contact the company to cancel my account, as I am still within the 14 day period.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error S313

Sxxx errors are sometimes signal-related (although S313 is one of the rarer ones) and will need the intervention of VM Faults. This forum is mainly a user-based community and VM staff can currently take upto a week to respond.

If you want to report your fault, you can call 150/0345 4541111 and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

If you want to cancel your service, you can call 150/0345 4541111 and follow the options for "I'm thinking of leaving Virgin".

I'm guessing that your equipment install wasn't a manned one, but via the Quick Start service?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi susielee,

That error code usually appears for one of 2 reasons.

1) Have you checked that the coaxial cable is connected tight to the back of the box and also in the white box off the wall or if you have a splitter (a metal box) make sure the conection there is also tight. 

2) It may be that the V6 cannot access the Internet via its ethernet cable. Have you tried via wifi instead?  Or is your hub in modem mode rather than router mode? If so put the VM router back into it's normal mode. 

Please note the V6 box only works using a VM internet connection and not any other provider.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi susie,

Sorry your initial experience with VM hasn't been great, but as per the previous posts and newapollo's suggestion, it's worth being aware the V6 needs 2 separate connections to work.

1: The incoming white coax carries your TV signals and so your live channels.

2: The internet connection provies connection to VM services for EPG (TV guide) updates, and OnDemand services. The best method for this is a hard-wired Ethernet connection, but if WiFi is of sufficient strength and reliability, it can also be used.

Without both these connections being present, the box will misbehave somehow, somewhere.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you japitts. I did eventually get through to a human at customer service and an engineer did come out and fix the problems. All good now. I have suggested they need to list the s313 error code along with the others they list on the website. Again, many thanks for taking the time to reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Dave. An engineer eventually came out and fixed the problem, but it is good of you to have taken the time to reply.
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi susielee,

Thanks for the update.

It's good to hear that an engineer came out and it's all tickety- boo and working now.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos