Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Error S102 -Unable to Acquire Channel Info

Hello, I am experiencing an error S102 -Unable to acquire channel info. I had the virgin media installed the equipment just today. But I am experiencing this error and the loading stuck at 33%.

Anyone experiencing similar issue please elaborate how do you deal with it, because I have been on the phone trying to reach virgin media team for hours but no one has been responding with the answer. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error S102 -Unable to Acquire Channel Info

Have you called in to activate the box as per the instructions in the box? If you have, call again to check its been done.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am trying to call them for hours, texting them, they seem unreachable. Will try it again though, thank you for the information. Or is there any other way to activate it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you using the Activation number --- 0800 953 9500

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have tried.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi wachidmuslimin,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page. 

Very sorry to hear you have had trouble getting the equipment activated. We hope you have get everything up and running since your post on Friday, however, if this is not the case, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lindsey,

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately the issue has not been resolved until this moment.

Finally today, I have successfully contacted virgin media technical team through text messages (been trying since 25th of July), they said they have activated my tv account, and the issue should be resolved by then. But it isnt'.

Hopefully you can help me with this issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon

We are sorry to hear that this still hasn't been resolved. 

We'll need to get some account details so that we can take a closer look at this for you.

We'll send you a private message in a moment so that we can get the details we need.

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos