Menu
Anncameronross
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Error Code 7400 on TV for over a month

My Virgin V6 box was connected over a month ago yet I am still only able to watch Channel 4 (all other channels are greyed out) and a box indicating “Error 7400” moves around over the picture.

Have used the Service Status page on the website which says everything is okay (which it is not) and that the V6 box is connected (even if it is or is not connected).

The website then suggests I call 150...

...150 then suggests I use the website...

...and repeat!

Help? Somebody? Anybody?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 7400 on TV for over a month

Hi Anncameronross,

Sorry to hear of your V6 issues.

Try rebooting the Tivo please. If the channels are still greyed out then you need to phone 0800 953 9500 to get your box activated. THis department may be closed for the night so best to try at 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 7400 on TV for over a month

As @newapollo says, you need to call and get your box activated.

You need to ignore the messages that say go to the web and also the message that suggests pressing 1 to get a text - hang on and you'll get through!  You need to speak to someone to get this done.

You will need the box serial number so I'd take a note of it from the label on the box before you call.

You *shouldn't* need your area reference as they can locate your account from your postcode and house number if you don't have the account and area reference available (quicker if you do have it though in case the system doesn't recognise you from your phone no.)

0 Kudos