cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error A01 - Apps not working

Reneqxde
Tuning in

Not had a problem with the functionality of any of the apps (YouTube, BBC iPlayer etc) until today when upon trying to open one of the apps it does one of 2 things;

- Shows a "one moment" screen before returning to apps page.

- Screen goes black before going back to apps page.

Either one of these brings with it the A01 code saying the app is currently unavailable. I've tried rebooting the box and wifi hub, running network checks to make sure it's connected to my home network and also the VM service along with checking all the cable connections and from what I can see - everything looks fine. 

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Reneqxde wrote:

I've tried rebooting the box and wifi hub, running network checks to make sure it's connected to my home network

What are these "network checks" - can you be specific? The only relevant one is to follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and - at least to start with - check for an IP address and a recent successful call home.

Can you use other internet-based functions such as OnDemand? It's only BBC VoD which uses an app - does any other OD work?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's the one, the box itself is definitely connected to the home network and shows up as such when looking at what devices are connected to the network.

Other internet based functions are working as they should, the issue seems to only be relating to anything on the apps screen, bar Netflix which looks like the only one working 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you access any of the apps in question by alternative means?

iPlayer is also available via the CatchUp menus and red-button from BBC channels

Prime Video is available as a red-button app from EPG-205

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Reneqxde, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the apps on your TV service, we will do all we can to help. 

Can you please confirm if this is impacting all apps? If so, do they all bring back the same error message?

Also, do you have more than one box in the property? If yes, is this happening across all of them?

Let us know and we will do all we can to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi,

Yes the issue happens with all the apps except Netflix, upon opening an app it'll do one of the things I mentioned above and then it starts displaying the A01 error.

I do have a second box in the household, the same issue appeared to happen with that box also but the issue went away whilst I was originally trying go through everything and resolve the issue

Scratch that - I booked an engineer to come out and take a look at the box today due to the issue having continued now for several days, from everything he had looked at. the levels and all other things were perfect and upon further diagnosing he said that the box would have to be replaced as the issue seemed strange given the box was connecting to everything as it should be.

Hi Reneqxde,

Thank you for reaching back out, glad to hear a technician came and swapped your Box even though couldn't find any issues, how have things been since the visit, are you now able to access Apps?

Regards

Paul.

Yes, once the new box was installed everything worked fine and I was able to access the apps as normal

Hi Reneqxde,

Great to hear everything is up and running 🙂

Let us know if you have any further issues.

Alex_Rm