Menu
COB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error 7400

Our new TV box was installed yesterday by the engineer. Only a few channels have become live and there's a popup on the screen saying that there is an error, code 7400. I went to the website and checked my service status but everything there is in the green.

Can anyone help me resolve this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error 7400

I'm sorry you are having issues. It sounds like even though the engineer set it up, that either the box hasn't been fully activated yet, or there is a problem with the VM systems

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Was this a new install or a fault-replacement?

And which box is it? If you're not sure, please check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
COB
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's a new-install V6 box.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In that case the previous advice from newapollo is bob-on.

You can try using the online self-fixing at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 but you might well end up calling activations (0800 9539500) with your box serial number handy.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks