I have two boxes with one of which not being used anymore. However the box I do/did use suffered a problem last night where there was visual (which would flicker on and off) and no sound. I left it unplugged until today to see if the problem would correct itself, but it didn't so I decided to swap it over with the unused box. This works sort of (I have a steady visual and no audio problems at least), but now I'm getting an Error 7400 code. I've done everything it asked me to do so I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. For some reason it doesn't even display the terrestrial channels and only BBC1, ITV, and Channel4. Is this a problem with the signal or what? I did follow the steps correctly, the same way I did with the previous box.
Thanks in advance.
I'd also like to bring up an unrelated forum issue. I have another account on here, but for some reason it won't allow me to log into it and whenever I request a new password I don't get an email to do so. It's not really an issue because I've made this account now, but other people might have a problem.
Thanks newapollo, I didn't get a notification that you had replied so I'm replying a little late. If activating through text is it a case of just sending "activation" or something like that or is it a case of sending the serial number, account number and area number to the number you've provided? Thanks for your quick reply anyway.
Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your tv service.
I have been able to locate your account and can see that your box has been completely activated.
Although I'm having trouble communicating with your box at the moment. Is your box currently on and correctly connected? If your box isnt on, please can you reboot it and power up. If your box is on, please can you do a quick reboot for me?
Hi Steven. Yes, the box is correctly connected and currently switched on. I originally connected it wired, but had removed the ethernet cable (although I didn't remove it until after the 7400 error was already showing). However I think this might be why you were having trouble communicating with the box. I've reconnected it wirelessly and thought that this might even solve the error, but it hasn't. I've also just rebooted the box and obviously still have the error. Although I believe there shouldn't be an issue communicating with the box any longer on your end. Please let me know if it now works. Thanks a lot.
I have now been able to communicate with your box after you have reconnected it, I have ran some tests on the system and been advised that a new box would be needed to resolve this issue.
I have sent the new box out, so this should be with you soon, you should be getting the delivery information today and you can also check the status on your online account in the Order Tracking section of My Profile.
Hi I am also getting this error on my second box that I’ve only got round to setting up yesterday after a number of months. I tried the online help service but it’s an infinity loop with no help and calling does not pick up ( I understand the reduced capacity)
is there anyway of getting in touch with someone to activate the box or fixing it myself