cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 603

Loula1
Tuning in

Please can anyone help, been getting error code 603 for a couple of weeks now, been calling Customer Services and get cut off after holding for an hour each time........tried rebooting, checked all the cables, left box overnight to see if that would fix it.  Can't watch some recorded items, and now can't watch movies as keep getting this error.  Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Eureka.... If the "recorded" programme is going to VOD, it's not recorded.

What you have is a "bookmark", which is a shortcut to VOD. It behaves very similarly to recorded content in terms of accessing it (which is the intention) but is actually On Demand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Loula1,

Have you followed the online help for tv-error-codes/603 ?

VM recently updated the V6 and since then problems occur if people are using 4K TV's and  either have the HDMI cables in ports that aren't HDMI2.2 compliant, or are using cables that aren't compliant with the HDMI2.2 standards. This affects both HD and 4K. explanation of HDMI cables 

Have you tried swapping ports on your TV, or connected using HDMI2.2 cables?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks so much Dave, all very technical for me 😀 I'll have my hubby take a look at the cables etc.  Appreciate the help

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

newapollo has already given you the link for the error code site, but are you sure you're getting this same problem on recorded programmes?

I'd certainly expect to see it with VOD in some circumstances, but recorded content is different.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi,  yes definitely getting it on some programmes I have recorded, not them all, but a couple, its very strange. 

Just been cut off by customer services again, third call today and automatically cuts me off at 1hour 2mins of holding...........😠

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
603 is specific to On Demand content as far as I know.

Errors with recordings should generate a different error and code.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for your response, I’ve checked again, it is a programme I’ve recorded, when I go to try and watch it, it goes through itvhub and error 603 appears 🤷‍♀️

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Eureka.... If the "recorded" programme is going to VOD, it's not recorded.

What you have is a "bookmark", which is a shortcut to VOD. It behaves very similarly to recorded content in terms of accessing it (which is the intention) but is actually On Demand.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Loula1 

Just wanted to check in and see how things are looking? 

Have you managed to get the issue resolved? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks for the message Zak, sadly not and spent another two calls each for 1hr 2m on hold for customer services......