Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer required

I need some help booking a engineer in. 
I’ve had my virgin tv v6 box delivered but unfortunately the cable is not long enough connecting from the internet box to the tv. 

I can’t use my tv box until I have someone come out and supply me with a much longer cable, I did mention on the phone to the operator that my internet box is in the dining room and the tv is in the living room but on a open plan environment. 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer required

You can connect the V6 to the internet by WiFi. No need for a longer Ethernet cable.

Try it. You may be surprised how well it works.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately it is still not working. 
everythinr apart from the verifying bit is not working

can I have a number somewhere to contact a engineer. This was meant to be straight forward and it’s not working still! 

😞 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ness_97,

The V6 box should work as long you have it connected to the white coaxial cable.

If that's the cable you mean then you will need to speak to New accounts and Set Up for them to organise an engineer appointment.  You can also speak to them complete the setup and activation if the V6 box hasn't been activated.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

If you've plugged an ethernet cable into the V6 box then remove it as the box won't search for a wifi signal while the ethernet cable is attached.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I need an engineer PLEASE

Spoiler
I’ve tried everything to get the v6 box to work and nothing. I’ve contacted virgin numerous occasions over the last 3 days and no one has answered I’ve been on hold/waiting for 30 minutes each time. 

I just need a link to where I can book an engineer or a direct number for an engineer. 

this really shouldn’t be that difficult 🥺

I’m starting to get to a point I may have to cancel because it’s not getting sorted and I have tried every way. 

i just need an engineer PLEASE 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need an engineer PLEASE

Hey @ness_97,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your TV box.

I have been able to look into your account and can see that the team are trying to contact you but haven't been able to do so and they keep leaving messages.

How does the cable from the outside come into your house? There should be a white box that is on your wall which will be on the inside of your wall and the brown omnibox on the outside in the same place. One cable should come out the box on your wall and then a splitter with two connections one cable to go to the hub and the other to go to your V6 box via the small cable adaptor.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos