Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer call out

I can’t get on demand - Netflix or Amazon Prime - on one of my boxes, but the other one works ok. I don’t want to hang on for an hour in the phone to arrange an engineer visit, so how can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer call out

Hi Rjbrooke,

Have you tried swapping the boxes around to see if the problem follows the box?

Can you also check using your remote Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

At the left hand side of the screen it should show last status which should hopefully say connected. If it doesn't, or it hasn't made any further connection attempts since you last had the problem then click on Connect to Virgin Media Service now.

You can also test your network connection from the same screen, ignore the port configration test section.

You can also run a speed test which will show if you have any network issues affecting the strength/speed.

To run the speed test with your remote. 

Home > Help & Settings > Help > Our Other Products > Broadband > Take a Speed Test > Press Play (DO NOT PRESS OK)

There may also be an issue with HDMI leads, they ened to be HDMI2.2 compatable to run Netflix/Prime - this link may help error-codes/604  (ignore the error description)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What happens when you try to access these apps, you've not said?

Are the boes connected using WiFi or Ethernet?

Are you able to watch On-Demand programmes using the same box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's really strange - on the first Tivo box I can get in to Netflix and Amazon Prime, get through to the screen which shows all the episodes, when I click on the show it says ""We're having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title" on Netflix and "Something went wrong" on Amazon. 

When I choose the same shows on the second Tivo box it works fine.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've run all the on screen diagnostics and they don't show any issues. The cables are fine as all of this worked until a week ago.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That error sounds like it's being generated by the app itself rather than the TiVo/V6 interface, so I'm minded to suggest it's their issue rather than VM-specifically.

That said, newapollo's suggestion of swapping your boxes around to see if the fault follows, is also a good one.

And as a forum "hint", rather than adding multiple extra posts, you can click on "post options" in the top-right hand corner and you have a short time in which to edit an existing post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos