cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Programme Guide

JIMMY62
Joining in

My issue is that the EPG is constantly out of date especially on the SS Golf channel. This morning (Sun 12 Feb) it is showing highlights of DP World golf however the EPG is showing a series of other programmes making it impossible to record. Very frustrating and happens all the time

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the EPG match what's listed on https://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-guide ?

If the broadcaster goes off a published schedule to cover a live event, there's little VM can do.

If a schedule changes last-minute, again not much VM can do.

The V6 does have the facility to set manual recordings, so it's not impossible to record programmes if the EPG isn't accurate for whatever reason.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey JIMMY62, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry the guide isn't accurate to what is playing on the TV.

Did any of the advice above help and has this happened before?

As mentioned if this was a last minute change from the channel this would be out of our hands. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No the EPG often does not match the Sky Sports guide. 
I fully accept that a last minute change often can be accommodated but the case I was referring to there was at least 24 hours notice that the event would be happening.

Yes I’m aware of the manual recording facility.

thanks

Hi Matt - it wasn’t a last minute change .. there was at least 24 hours notice of the event. 
I do find there is quite a lot of times the EPG doesn’t match what Sky Sports / BT Sport Eurosport is scheduled to show which is disappointing 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Realistically you're looking at 36 hours for an EPG update to reliably work through - anything less than that and there's no guarantee.

Eurosport have form in guide discrepancies such as this, and even ignoring their own website schedule during a live event.

Extending recordings and using the manual facility are the best solutions here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I find few problems with the EPG and it's live events which are unpredictable (for which I just record a few of the later programmes).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection