Menu
potter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Elderly parents need help with TV replacement box

Hi. My elderly parents still have their original TV box and router, years old.  Whilst they have been having to remain home shielding they are watching more TV. We set them up with Amazon prime but can only watch on a tablet as TV box says need to upgrade to V6 box. TV is slow reacting anyway but now channels like prime they are paying for but can't use. Having checked they've paying almost £80 a month so definitely not getting value for money. Tried phoning but takes too long.  Can anyone help, looking to get them upgraded TiVo box free of charge but don't know how best to establish contact with someone at virgin to sort this easily for them.  Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Elderly parents need help with TV replacement box

Your best bet is to call in at 08.00 (others are getting through ok at later times too though). Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) - follow options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you sort them on a new better/possibly even cheaper (!) package - all in lieu of agreeing a new 12/18mo contract.
Note that they will only discuss it with the Account holder, so whoever is the account holder will need to pass through the "security checks" (password, etc) and then put you on the call to help the negotiations. They may try and get them/you on a top package they dont actually need so have a look at whats available on the VM Shop website first to find the one that fits their needs best before starting the discussion.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would just add that, providing your parents have VM broadband and are willing to recontract for 12/18months, then trying to negotiate a new package including a V6 is the best way to go.

Have a play around with options on build my bundle to get a ball-park figure of prices before calling up. The bundle checker will give you "new customer" prices for a particular package - you're unlikely to get those exact prices but it'll give you an idea of what you're aiming for.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

potter
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks.jbrennand. 

Will give it another go. Understand that they are already on the top package as my 20 year old niece lived with them for few years but since got a place of her own. Nan and grandad paid so still have same package. 

Thanks 😊

0 Kudos
potter
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks japitts. 

Yes full broadband and TV package so will call them but check out website first. 

Thanks again

0 Kudos
potter
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi All

Thanks again for your replies and help on this.  Just to provide an update, took several attempts and a lot of hanging on waiting to speak with someone but I can confirm that all is now sorted.  Mum & Dad have a TIVO box (delivered by post - only took 2 days to arrive); only strange thing was that we were informed that they we way way overdue for an upgrade of their equipment - which makes you wonder then why hadn't it been progress by Virgin rather than us having to chase!

Anyway, all happy now - we have set up Amazon Prime access and the remote is far quicker at responding 🙂  

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello potter

Thank you so much for the update and reply 

It's goods to hear everything is now sorted for your parents

We will also take your comments on board and feed this back.

This way we can improve the service 

If you so need anything else, we here to help 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos