Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Easier way to get a replacement V6 remote

Hi,

Does anyone know of an easier way to get a V6 remote replaced,  I have 2 boxes and both have different issues with the remotes.  The bedroom TV the light at the top would not work,  which we have managed to live with but its lost sync with the box now and as the light doesn't work you cant see what its doing when you try and sync again.  ( It works fine for the TV volume, etc and that was hard to set up with out the light).  

The main TVs remote back keeps falling off so the batteries are always coming out.

Now I have had the extreme pleasure of phoning customer services today, which was a nightmare due to communication issues with it being an over seas call centre.  After telling them about 10 times it was a fault with the remote, but they kept asking me to check the status of the light on the remote they agreed to send a new one.

However for the other remote they just said they can ensure me that it will not cause issues with the TV if the back comes off :-), this may be the case but I am fed up with coming to use it to find the batteries missing.  Really don't want to have to call them again so was wondering if anyone knows of an easier way ?

Cheers 

Ste

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Easier way to get a replacement V6 remote

I solved the back falling off business by placing a small piece of blu tack between the back and the case.  It hasn't fallen off since.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Or sellotape
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the ideas,  you don't expect to pay £100+ a month to have to fasten the back on with sellotape.  If the totally dead one gets replaced  and I can''t get this one replaced as well then I might and swap the casing over if its not too difficult.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi stethorn123

Our messaging service is a dedicated support line where you can discuss your issues by SMS text. We’re on hand to deal with any of the queries you’d normally call us to discuss.
Just send us a text* with a description of your problem to 07533 051809 if it’s about your cable services, or 07533 016422 if you have a query about your mobile services. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.
* You’ll need to be using a phone that can access the internet for our data protection checks

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi stethorn, whilst ordering and waiting for replacement remotes, have you thought about using the Virgin TV Control app? It's available to download from the Google Play Store, Amazon and the Apple App Store. It might make life a little easier whilst waiting for replacements.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is what I have been using,  pretty impressed with it as you can pick what you want to one with out taking over the TV,  could be the future of remotes.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos