Menu
Mark781
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Early cancellation

Been getting faulty output on hdmi for a while used different hdmi leads all plugged in correct other devices when plugged into the same hdmi lead are fine. But the TiVo box stops sending hdmi signal and only cure is to totally power off/unplug box. Had a new box yet still the same and spent many hours onto so called customer services who seem to think they still need to ask if its plugged in properly like I go to bed and someone changes wiring that's been working fine for a while. Anyway I've put in a further complaint and was wondering if I could exit my contract with no charges as I've had 1 engineer visit (new TiVo box replacement) 1 engineer appointment that never showed up and 1 very rude customer services agent

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Early cancellation

... and your TV is probably the culprit, being unable to correctly HDMI handshake.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mark781
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nope all my feeds run through an av receiver which correctly handshakes any other device and is 100% not the issue as the time box can be fine for weeks on end and then suddenly drop off just like my virgin wi fi does and on a positive note at least none of this is as poor as verging media customer services.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

then remove your AV box and connect directly to your TV. and try a new HDMI cable
0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How many 4K devices are you connect to the tv?  Some tvs (like LG) can be quite troublesome until you worked out the correct settings.

All tvs can have issues with a HDMI cable not up to scrath for 4k tv.

@Mark781 wrote:

Nope all my feeds run through an av receiver which correctly handshakes any other device and is 100% not the issue as the time box can be fine for weeks on end and then suddenly drop off just like my virgin wi fi does and on a positive note at least none of this is as poor as verging media customer services.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why have you gone through an AV device, you must connect from V6 to TV with HDMI then other links follow from there.
0 Kudos