Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ES004 error from media store after purchase

I bought a movie last night from Virgin movie store but have been unable to watch it as it keeps coming up with ES004.  Can anyone help, I've checked all connections and done the service update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ES004 error from media store after purchase

Hi there my name is Chris Bithell I am a virgin media technician

Sorry to see this has been an issue that we've struggled with resolving for you. As this is the Virgin Media store this is something you would need to contact them on as this is actually a third party provider.

They can be contacted on 0800 027 0801 and will be able to advise you on the meaning behind the error code in question.

The team have currently worked out that its virgin customers, using virgin tv box that are getting messages but if watched on another isp or alternative device like a tablet or phone its fine.Were working to resolve this as we speak. If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, just checked whether able to view a film in my library to now see a technical glitch with error code ES072 and not ES004. It is clear that the problem has still not been resolved. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

VM are aware of the issue and currently working to get this resolved if you click on Check service status top right of this page it shows that they are working on it with a fix today at 10:05 but this is only an estimate.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I started getting the ES004 error when trying to play back a purchase on Fri (22nd) evening. It's still not working tonight (24th).  The VMS advised it's an internet issue as I can watch on phone and laptop.  I'll be calling tomorrow.

0 Kudos