Menu
Fedupwiththis44
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

EPG

Why does the EPG not update once the boxes connect to the network. For example, the BBC announced today 13/04 that the postponed Masterchef final is on 14/04 at 8pm. EPG still shows The Repair Shop and will do until after Masterchef is shown. It cannot be that difficult to update the EPG in close to real time. 
For clarity, I followed the usual advice and connected to network in settings to prompt update. Doesn't work

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: EPG

Odd - as it did update on the 360 boxes but I can see the V6 is not updated yet.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What does the network connections screen show for timestamped connections, on the LHS?

ozsat has mentioned the V360 guide is updated, so I can't imagine the 6hourly updates for the V6 are very far behind.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Fedupwiththis44
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The LHS connections have updated recently. Roughly 25 mins ago. Still not updated with tonight's changes. It's not a huge issue, but it does mess up recordings. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same on my V6, which updated at 09:43 today. Going by the 6hourly cycle, I'd recommend checking your box after perhaps 4.30pm when the next auto-update should have downloaded. You can always force a manual update between 5-8pm if the change is particularly late being pushed out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Fedupwiththis44
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yea Thanks for that and I do try to do that. I just find the EPG never updates until after programme is shown. It just seems so poor in relation to Sky Q for example which updates in real time. Think the V6 EPG should be much better than it is. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Done to death before, and it's not likely to change for numerous reasons. Sky & Freeview don't have the same degree of recording logic/intelligence as the TiVo platform, Virgin also operates a "closed" system whereas Sky/Freeview are fundamentally "open" for any broadcaster to "rock up and work".

More often than not (Covid & 5pm news conferences aside), the EPG is sorted in time, but some channels do tend to cut it fine with updates.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As much as I dislike replying to myself, the V6 EPG is now updated and reflects the BBC published schedule. The 6hourly cycle should be plenty for the vast majority (if not all) of TiVo/V6 out there.

0 Kudos