Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

EPG help

Just got a new box all ok but EPG is only 1 week in advance not like our older broken box which was 2 to 3 weeks in advance. Any ideas how this could be solved and sorted out. We are not tech people it could be us. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: EPG help

Hi did you phone the activation number 0800 9539500 to activate the new equipment, also what box do you have, if a V6 do you have virgin broadband, the more details you provide the easier to try to solve your issue.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 box and we have virgin broadband. Instructions in the box said you no longer need to register ,it does it automatically.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That is not registering it, the number I gave you is the ACTIVATION number
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to view any of your live TV channels, or are you getting any error messages? Like, a 7400 error specifically. If you're getting that error, then your box needs activating,

Depending what package you're on, if you can view TV channels beyond the free-to-air ones, then that's a clue your box is ok.

The EPG should show 7 days in arrears and upto 14days in advance, the advance guide tends to be close to 14days for many pay channels. The terrestrial channels tend to fallback to a 7-8 day guide during the week, and then populate the listings for the second week during Friday/Saturday.

Which channels are you having problems with, and for which days do you think you're missing listings?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help I think we have sorted it out I hope.

0 Kudos