Menu
dartguru
Dialled in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

EPG error for The Handmaids Tale

Episode 1 of Series 4 tonight on C4 is NEW to the UK I believe.

It says it was first shown last month and is not NEW. 

At least I noticed before tonight, else my life wouldn't be worth living lol.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: EPG error for The Handmaids Tale

Hi dartguru,

Thanks for the info, glad you spotted it in time.

If the VM EPG differs from the broadcaster's own website, and you spot it a day or two in advance then that's a guide data error which can be emailed to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk 

They are usually quick in resolving the errors in a day or two of reporting

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The advice already given to email guide errors to the inbox is absolutely right - I'll only add a couple of things to that.

My EPG entry for this episode shows a first-aired-date of 6th May 2021. There can sometimes be apparent errors when programmes are shown abroad (this doesn't count as a UK airing) or only available via OD or streaming platforms. The first-aired-date relates to linear broadcast channels in the UK.

You've said "is new to the UK" and also "is not new". The two can't both be correct 😉

Edited to rephrase a couple of points!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jamesrfisher
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This now makes sense. Was having problems setting a series link, I always set it to new only so my box doesn't get full, it wasn't picking up anything. I have now set it to new and old and it picks this weeks and next weeks up. Must be an issue with Channel 4 as had the same problem with Fargo.

0 Kudos
dartguru
Dialled in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I have emailed the address posted.

As the EPG says it was previously shown last month, shouldn't that mean last shown on C4 (or at least on a mainstream channel,  not via streaming) ?   If that applied, then any source could qualify as previously shown.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Emailing is the best thing - but the chances of them correcting any error for 8 hours out is (unfortunately) slim to nil. 1-2 days is usually sufficient.

Not sure what you mean by the second paragraph - if a program is broadcast in the UK, that counts as an airing. OnDemand & streaming platforms don't count as a broadcast for this purpose. The channel that broadcast it, is immaterial.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It’s one of many errors that seem to be cropping up.

The Great British Gardens series now showing on Monday night on C5 is a new series & not a repeat of series one. Great Movies (was Sony Movies) has a completely empty schedule also.

These have been reported through the VIP forum. One of the forum team raised a fault ticket for the C5 error last Tuesday & it’s only just been corrected.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

0 Kudos
dartguru
Dialled in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re 2nd paragraph, I have no idea where in the UK S4E1 was broadcast last month. I don't believe it was.

As far as I am aware, it is new to the UK.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It has been available on Northern Ireland on RTE2 - they are up to episode 7 this week.

@dartguru wrote:

Re 2nd paragraph, I have no idea where in the UK S4E1 was broadcast last month. I don't believe it was.

As far as I am aware, it is new to the UK.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Nikki78
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Channel 4 series not recording.

Hi.

I have recently set up a couple of series links for Fargo and the handmaid's tale. Neither of them have recorded at all. Have checked for space etc and no issue. Is this not recording  a thing now?

Thanks

0 Kudos