Menu
wulliepav
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Dvr has critical error

For the  last 10 days I have had a critical error on my now green screen tv. The TiVo v6 box turns on then off & startup mode but then goes into the same loop. Contacted vm got sent to site to reboot everything, did this but no good, still the same. Can anybody help please. Many thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Dvr has critical error

Hiya.. if you mean the "DVR has detected an error" green screen, then ufortunately that's fatal. It means your hard drive has died and your box needs replacing.

Just to be clear (and this is not criticising you, just wanting to understand what's happened), you've called VM faults with these symptoms and they've advised you to go to the VM website and reboot your box to resolve this? Did they explain how to arrange this reboot?

The advice is nonsense by the way, the agent should just have arranged a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wulliepav
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dvr has critical error

Hiya, yes they did & nothing happened, I think the same as you that the hard drive crashed.many thanks for your advice

0 Kudos