Menu
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Duplicating recordings

Hi

I've got an issue where my V6 tivo is recording a movie on to my V6 hard drive that I've already recorded before. It seems to be Intermittent. It doesn't seem to repeat every tv program or movie onto my hard drive. For example I recorded the grudge 2019. It recorded it again off sky cinema premier. Also its duplicating police interceptors off channel 5. It records the show with no series number or episode number aswell as date. It records it off 5+1, 5HD & channel 5. I'm guessing this is an issue with virgins transmitting equipment that sends the shows to our TV guides 🤔 virgins tech team are currently investigating my issue. They've taken my s/n number and ppc id off my box. The ticket was raised at 1638pm on 26th Jan. They told me its a 48hr fix time. So hopefully will be resolved by 1638pm 28th Jan. Does anyone else have a similar issue with programs and movies duplicating 🤔

J.H
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Duplicating recordings

This is usually caused by the episode data being "generic" in the EPG rather than having specific episodes listed.

The EPG data for C5 has been a bit iffy for several weeks now but it's usually been sorted in time for broadcast. Police Interceptors/Traffic Cops has been notably bad, and this will have caused your issues. Next week's episode is still generic and I've reported this to the guide-errors team already.

The movies issue could be caused by a wishlist.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you japitts

The issue is thankfully been investigated and hopefully fixed by virgins back office team. The 1st line guy sent signals to my V6 and router. Did a reboot on both boxes with no luck. He's asked about my wishlists. He confirmed they are setup correctly 🙂. He also ran some tests on my equipment and said everything is spot on 😁. Hopefully it will be resolved by tomorrow at 1638pm 🤔

J.H
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The C5 issue will be resolved when corrected guide data is released to VM, and your box connects to download that updated EPG.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you japitts

That's good to know 😁

Hopefully virgins back office can fix my other hard drives duplicating issues 🤔. The guy took my V6 boxes s/n number and ppc Id. I think they are checking my box is linked to my account correctly aswell as checking the hardware & software on my V6 along with anything else they need to fix 😁

J.H
0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Duplicating recordings intermittently.

Hi 

Does anyone happen to know why my V6 tivo is recording a movie I've already recorded again 🤔 example I recorded doctor sleep back in November. It recorded it again today 🙁. I had to delete it off my hard drive. It also duplicated down hill movie. Aswell as police interceptors on chan 5. All my wishlists are setup correctly. I had a ticket raised to try and sort the issue. Apparently the back office resolved the issue with my recordings yesterday 🤔. I've spoke to a couple of virgins team. They said my box is reporting no issues what so ever. The guy said it could be a temporary glitch in the system. I'm booked for a virtual engineer call tomorrow. To see if he can resolve it. The weird thing is. My box isn't duplicating all movies and programs into my hard drive. It seems to happen Intermittently. 

J.H
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Duplicating recordings intermittently.

@Johnny1983 wrote:

Does anyone happen to know why my V6 tivo is recording a movie I've already recorded again 🤔 example I recorded doctor sleep back in November. It recorded it again today 🙁. I had to delete it off my hard drive. It also duplicated down hill movie. Aswell as police interceptors on chan 5. All my wishlists are setup correctly.

What do you mean by "All my wishlists are setup correctly"?

The issue with C5 data was mentioned in one of my replies yesterday, and the guide data hasn't been corrected yet. When that EPG data is corrected, so will your duplicate recordings.

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you japitts 

I'm guessing the epg guide data isn't updated very frequently 🤔. As I've noticed movies are duplicating into my hard drive. Mainly from sky cinema. Looks like virgin need to update their v6 epg more frequently 🙂

J.H
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo/V6 EPG is updated roughly 4 times a day, and the vast majority of the time it's accurate.

I'm guessing there's a problem with C5 at the moment.

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

4 times a day is pretty good for updating the v6 epg 🙂. Perhaps the problem is down to me having so many wishlists setup in my box. I have 762. I'm guessing the software in my box is struggling to keep up with how many movies & series are duplicates, new, re-runs or no longer showing 🤔 I'm sure the virtual technician will explain and have a solution to fix the issue I'm having tomorrow 🙂

J.H
0 Kudos