Menu
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Duplicated recordings

Hi 

I'm getting duplicated recordings in my V6 box. Sky cinemas has recorded the new trick or treat movie twice. They are both on same running time of 1hr 45 mins. I've had to delete one of them. It recorded police interceptors twice. No details of episodes and series or date. It just showed police interceptors. Channel 5. It duplicated other films which I deleted as an when happened. I did speak to a virtual engineer who did detect 2 tuners had failed on my previous box. So he sent me a brand new exchange. He said failed tuners would cause the duplications. Anyway I've received my replacement box. Set it with my wishlists. Hey presto I'm getting duplications again. Like I did on my last box. I'm beginning to think this issue is caused by the boxes epg. Eg the info sent to it 🤔 I did speak to virgins tv tech team. They said all signals are green and that my new replacement box isnt  reporting any faults etc. So I feel the epg needs sorting 😁

J.H
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Duplicated recordings

I know you've posted a few times before about this, but....

At the moment all the Viacom channels (of which C5 is one) have ongoing issues with the accuracy of their EPG data, and consequence of this is that the Monday night police shows on C5 often have generic data - so TiVo/V6 will record duplicate episodes by design.

You mention some Sky Cinema films recording again - do you have these as suggestions, or as wishlists? Films don't tend to have series links, so there must be another reason for this.

I'm yet to come across any situation where a tuner/signal issue would cause issues with duplicate recordings, I would love to know the basis for any "engineer" saying so. That comment isn't aimed at you, but I'm inclined to think that explanation is nonsense.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Duplicated recordings

Hi Japitts

Further to your response. I've litterly just come off phone from virgins front line tv tech team. He's ran some tests on both my V6 boxes. He said my boxes ain't reporting any issues to my account personally. He said everything seems to be reporting as perfectly fine. He checked my other equipment and all pings to and from my equipment. He did find that they'd received a ping to say theirs a problem with my epg. He did say other customers have reported the same issue with duplications. So he's raised a ticket to his tv team who will monitor my v6s over the next 72 hours. As he did receive a ping to report a problem with my boxes epg. He's also advised me to do a pin reset on my router every 6 month. Which I've now done. And will do again in 6 month time 😁. He's advised to reboot all my equipment once a month. Which I've always done 😊. Also he said their is a v6 software update currently been worked on to fix various issues😁. So fingers all will be resolved ASAP 🤩. Just let you know. He advised to leave all equipment on standbye. As they constantly send and receive pings behind the scenes to various systems at virgin media. He said they use a reporting system called inesteine. Apologies if spelt wrong 🤔

J.H
0 Kudos