cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading missed shows to app?

JMcGee
Joining in

I've tried searching for an answer before asking what must have been asked a million times here but I'm just not getting any relevant search results.

I'm looking to watch a missed programme on the TV Go app and I'm sure I've read somewhere that you have to download/save it through the box, unless that just meant for recordings, which this is not.

How do I do this? It's within an hour of it finishing at the time of writing

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have posted in the TiVO V6 forum so I assume you are still using the TiVO setup.

TiVO V6 box & RemoteTiVO V6 box & Remote

1) You can access catch up content through TV Go. Some broadcasters allow you to download programs for viewing offline or outside the UK, but it will be dependent on the rights the broadcaster has to that particular programme.

2) You can set recordings remotely on your TV box via the TV Control app. These recordings are only viewable at home, either via your TV or a mobile/tablet with the TV Control app installed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add, if you want to record a programme as it is broadcast - and have that recording on your TiVo/V6's hard drive, the recording must be set in advance of broadcast.

If you missed setting a recording, then you'll either need to use the TiVo's search function to find another repeat showing, or find the programme on an OnDemand facility.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks