Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Does the V6 send 5.1 to a Playbar when using Netflix and Prime

Hi, I’m thinking of coming back to Virgin, but before I do, I seem to remember issues with getting 5.1 sound to my Sonos Playbar when using the embedded Netflix app.

Part of the reason I’m interested in Virgin is that I believe Prime is also now embedded in the V6.

So before I commit, can anyone confirm that I will get surround sound from both apps via the optical out to the Sonos?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does the V6 send 5.1 to a Playbar when using Netflix and Prime

The V6 outputs 5.1 fine from Netflix and Prime - I think the issue may be that some tvs do not pass 5.1 audio thru from HDMI onto a connected soundbar.

A direct V6 to soundbar would rule out that issue.

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the speedy response.

Yeah maybe my previous issue was that I had multiple hdmi inputs into the tv and it couldn’t pass through to the optical out.

it was just that I had a nagging suspicion that I also had issues with Netflix when using optical out on the v6.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Following on from confirmation that it should work, I’ve just been talking to VM to see if I could get a good deal if I upgraded to the Bigger Bundle along with the V6.

jeez, what a pita!

I spent forever talking to someone who wouldn’t listen to me and insisted on trying to upsell.

First pass was £105 than it became £98 pm!

I should have known that the best thing to do was to say I wanted to cancel in the first place.
When I did, I finally got put through to someone who understood what I wanted.

One thing that did come out of the resulting negotiations was that VM tech bods can’t confirm if it will work or not!.

in theory it should but they weren’t willing to commit. We were one step away from saying if it doesn’t work it’s a Netflix/Prime issue.

So before I commit to signing up for 12 months can anyone confirm that they are using a Sonos Playbar on the V6 and they get 5.1 surround on Netflix & Prime please?

0 Kudos