Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Does V6 work with an old style TV?

Just had our new V6 equipment arrive, but our stone age CRT 'Big Back' TV doesn't have an ISDN port. We use a SCART cable to attach our current box, but the V6 SCART port is a different shape.

Do I need a new TV, or is there a way around this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does V6 work with an old style TV?

You maybe able to buy a hdmi to scart adapter. Apart from that hdmi is the only way of connecting the v6. 

Hope this is some help. 

Kind regards 

Zoe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As said the V6 scart socket does not function for tv's - you need a good Scart-HDMI adapter - Amazon stock a range. Note the best way to connect the V6 to the Hub is by ethernet cable rather than wifi - so whilst you are in Amazon get a suitable lengthed Cat6e ethernet cable for that.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi as others have said it will work with the cable that has been mentioned, but as you have the latest V6 it seems a shame not to have an up to date TV to enjoy the better quality images that will afford you. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You are subscribing to Pay TV so it makes no sense to have such an old TV. I recommend a full HD TV (resolution will be 1080p), buy new to have the advantage of the warranty, check out the retailers such as Currys PC World, Appliances Direct, Argos, Amazon, etc, out there for TVs some of which cost under £200.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos