Menu
Omniman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Does Oomph bundle price include Sky Sports HD?

I've just noticed on my latest bill that the monthly price that I pay for the Ultimate Oomph bundle includes an additional £7.00 of "Personal Picks" for the Sky Sports HD Pack. I'm puzzled because all the Virgin Media advertising that I see suggests that the Oomph bundle already includes all the Sky Sports HD channels.

Am I paying twice for the same service???

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does Oomph bundle price include Sky Sports HD?

The advertising has been wrong for a long time. I had to battle to get HD for free.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate Oomph should include, on the TV side...

Maxit TV, Kids Pick, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema & Sky Sports HD

Does your overall package price match what you were expecting?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Omniman
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

Ultimate Oomph should include, on the TV side... Maxit TV, Kids Pick, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema & Sky Sports HD

Does your overall package price match what you were expecting?

Difficult to say for sure since the contract was taken out 10 months ago and I can't recall what the Oomph price was back then. The currently advertised price of the Oomph bundle (after the initial period 18 month period has expired) is £139.

My bills for the last 10 months show:

Ultimate Oomph bundle £143.50 Includes £7.00 of Personal picks (Sky Sports HD Pack)

That suggests to me that I have been paying an extra £7 per month for SS in High Definition. All of VM's advertising suggests that the Sky Sports HD channels are included in the bundle. But Roger_Gooner's post above would suggest that VM's advertising is misleading.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Omniman wrote:
Ultimate Oomph bundle £143.50 Includes £7.00 of Personal picks (Sky Sports HD Pack)

That suggests to me that I have been paying an extra £7 per month for SS in High Definition. All of VM's advertising suggests that the Sky Sports HD channels are included in the bundle.

My bold and underline to hopefully illustrate the point. £143 is in the right ball-park for the UO - which "includes" Sky Sports HD in the same way as it "includes" Maxit TV.

Are you not getting the Sky Sports HD channels? If so, assuming you have a V6 box... Try Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Omniman
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yes I do get the SS HD channels. I just don't understand why my bill includes a £7 charge for a personal pick (Sky Sports in HD) when SS HD is already included in the bundle. My understanding is that Personal Picks are charges for additional features over and above those already included in the bundle.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

There's been several posts about this. Despite the advertising UO does not include SS HD, so you have to pay £7pm to upgrade from SD to HD. I challenged this and was able to get SS HD at no extra cost but this was an agreement based on my package (I was a triple play customer, now a quad four) and perhaps one or two other factors.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

There's been several posts about this. Despite the advertising UO does not include SS HD, so you have to pay £7pm to upgrade from SD to HD

Ultimate Oomph includes Sky Sports HD. Below taken from a dummy order. If you use the "Build my bundle" site to create the same package, toggling SS-HD off removes references to UO. Putting Sky HD back on, reinstates UO.

UO_SS_HD.JPG

0 Kudos
Omniman
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone.

I need to call retentions soon to renegotiate my contract so I shall raise the issue with them then....

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If necessary, have a play with the bundle builder site - https://store.virginmedia.com/build-your-bundle 

Ignore the new customer prices, but play around with your chosen combinations and the "standard" pricing will give you an idea where to pitch yourself. An 18month contract should attract a small discount.

0 Kudos