Menu
Eurocs
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dodgy playback

Corrupt playback on v6 box

I have an issue with my virgin box, v53 errors, slow at.times, but most annoyingly it keeps corrupting recordings to the point you can't watch them  I believe this to be a hard drive fault and as I type this I've been on hold and dealing with people following scripts and not very helpful. Could you please help??? The virgin suggestion was to turn the video output down from.1080p to 720p. 😕 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Dodgy playback

Can you watch live TV channels ok? Is the problem happening only on recordings and "rewinding" live TV?

V53 isn't generally associated with a hard drive problem, to be fair. You possibly have 2 separate issues here, although I would agree the video output change isn't likely to remedy either problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Eurocs
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The playback.issue is only on recordings. It works fine for live tv, Amazon prime, Netflix. It's only on recordings.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quite likely an HDD issue then. You could try politely advising the faults agent that their suggestion of changing the video output hasn't worked, and nudge them into the next stage - which I would hope might be an engineer visit or box-swap.

V53 is potentially indicative of signal issues (restart not withstanding) all of which does put suspicion on your box. If you're genuinely getting nowhere with the telephone route and the agents won't progress this, then please do post back here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos