Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dodgy coaxial port

Hi there!!

I have been plagued with pixelation from the beginning, engineers could never figure it out, and it’s on and off, usually on the same channels (presumably weaker channels).

If I watch any of the UKTV (and ex ones, except HD) I get pixelation, however I noticed that if I wiggle the plug enough the picture comes clear without pixelation, but one slight movement of the box and it goes again.

I tried to switch the cord for the broadband wire to rule out cable faults, and the same issue occurs, this makes me believe it’s the socket on the V6!

Ideally I would want this box replaced, but due to COVID I’d rather not have an engineer over in my safe house! Would they replace this box outside needing an engineer?

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dodgy coaxial port

How do you know its not the flylead attachment going into the v6 since the hub doesnt need this?

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have two of them! As a engineer even replaced it in the early day and both suffer 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @joebloggs 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry for the delay in response, how are things looking since your post? Have you managed to get this resolved? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos