cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a replacement box

stevesol
Joining in

I had a call from someone saying that they were from Virgin TV (and they seemed to have my details but refused to give a call back number) saying that my TIVO box from 2016 is now obsolete and needs to be replaced.

Is this likley to have been genuine?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which box do you have - you've posted in the V6 board but referred to a TiVo? They run the same software but are very different. Check here if you're not sure.

There's certainly no proactive swapout programme, and TiVo's (whilst being quite old) are still fully supported for existing customers. I wouldn't bet against VM having a selective offer on the latest V360 box (which is opening a can of worms as far as a forum answer goes), but...

When you say "they seemed to have my details", what exactly do you mean? I would like to think that there would be a note on your VM account if this were genuine. What was the number they called from?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which box do you have?

If it is a TiVO box:

Older TiVOOlder TiVO

These are slowly being withdrawn, but are NOT obeslete. There is no reason to change this if you don't want to.

Or is it (as per the forum you posted on) a V6:

V6 TiVOV6 TiVO

These are definantly nowhere near obselete & do not need replacing.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks