Menu
Garaofsand
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do I need a coax cable for my v6 box?

Hello everyone,,

I was under the impression that I can use only wifi for it. The box came in today and it fails at the end of setup saying connection unsuccessfull (although it's connected via wifi). The coax cable provider is just too short as my tv is on the other side of the room from the router. Do I need to buy a coax extension cable?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I need a coax cable for my v6 box?

Hello

All Virginmedia TV need a coaxial connection to the virginmedia network, the wireless is only used for internet connected content like iPlayer, Prime etc the live channels still come down the coaxial cable.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi you can't buy virgin coxial cable it is only supplied and fitted by virgin engineers as a longer cable will require the signal levels to need adjusting between your box and the street cabinet. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you contact VM quickly you should get a technician visit free of charge. Don’t delay because after a set period the request will be treated as additional work & a fee will be charged.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos