Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Distorted sound and lip synching issues

Hi,

recently bought a new Sony 4k tv and all was working fine with tivo box for a week or so, but after a while the sound on the channels would be distorted and the picture would either shake or there would just be a slow response time from the remote to the tv i.e. if i were to change the channel it would take a good 30-40 secs for the new channel to appear on screen or for the tv guide to appear if i selected this. So we ordered a new v6 box hoping this would solve the issue.

I set up the v6 box and the picture and response time is now fine, but the sound is still distorted and now also HEAVILY out of sync. I have tried changing HDMI cables (connected directly from v6 box to tv). I have also tried changing the settings on both the v6 box and the tv itself to pcm. No difference either way.

We have a sound bar connected but even when this is turned off and we use just the tv speakers we still get the same issue. However if we watch the freeview channels on the tv itself and not any of the channels from virgin, the sound is fine and in sync.

Some help would be appreciated please. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted sound and lip synching issues

Hey @Chenille,

How is it going at the moment with your tv service, are you still suffering from the sound issues that you posted in this thread.

Have you tried to use a different HDMI slot on your TV?

Is your freeview box built into your TV?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos